Wednesday 7 September 2011

And speaking of Karma...

 After an extremely heavy night out poisoning my body and spending money I don't have, it was only right that something suitably shit happen to me today. And true to its promise, Karma came round to bite me on the bum. As if waking up with a shocker of a hang-over wasn't enough, the low blow came whilst on my way to the brilliant Wendy O'Hare's salon for a facial. Running out the door (naturally I was late) with phone to ear, reminiscing about how I was 'soooooooooooooo drunk last night', I bunged some £10 notes in the top of my handbag and flung it on the front seat of my car. It was only when I went to pay for the facial that I realised only one, lonesome note was left in my bag. It's pretty windy today so I'm guessing the notes fell out my bag & blew away. I retraced my steps, cleaned out my handbag (three times) and turned my car upside-down, but there was no sign. I can't complain though. You can't expect to be that mean to your body, all in the name of fun, without something rubbish happening whilst you're stone cold sober so you can really feel the pinch.
 I was going to try and turn it around. Somebody will find my £20 today and be a very happy person. So in a backwards way, I've done a good deed for someone who most probably deserves it. After-all, to get such good Karma of finding £20, you've gotta be a pretty great person. I've kind of done a good thing for someone, so maybe something good will happen to me now. Maybe I'll find the £20. Highly unlikely. And after just eating, in true hang-over style, a microwaved, pre-cooked chicken meal that was a day out of date for breakfast, I'm guessing my day's only going to get worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment