Tuesday 6 September 2011

Jog, Cycle, Yoga, SCONE?

 As we all know, there is a very delicate balance that has to be kept in order for the world to maintain its equilibrium. Ying and Yang, for example. Or Karma. You do something good for someone and, in return, something good happens to you. Take Yoga; this practice focuses on balancing, not just in awkward poses, but balancing your mind in order to achieve a state of well-being. It's a given; balance makes things work. And taking all this into consideration has brought me to the conclusion that today I will eat both a scone & some cake. After a morning jog (which I've decided was in fact twice as long as I actually did because it's gale force winds therefore you have to consider wind-resistance), followed by a cycle to town & then a yoga class, I feel I owe it not only to myself, but to the world, to keep the balance. After-all, I'd hate to disrupt the equipoise. Although I should probably keep in mind that the dictionary definition of balance is also: 'an instrument to determine weight'...

No comments:

Post a Comment