Thursday 15 September 2011

PUNK ain't dead!






  I confess, back in the day my Mum must have had a wardrobe Vivienne Westwood would be envious of. As a die-hard fan of the Bay City Rollers, her wardrobe contained more tartan than a Scotts-man on St Andrew's day. And boy do I wish she'd kept it all now! I must have been a punk in my former life because I LOVE everything that a bit of leather, a few studs and a LOT of tartan stand for. Rebellion, freedom, Rock n' Roll. So imagine my joy when I discovered Punk-revival is tipped to be a key trend this coming Autumn/Winter. Think 1970's rebels, The Sex Pistols, smoking, drinking, swearing, with a hint of Lady Gaga and you've got yourself a bang-on-trend look. Now I'm not trying to start a full-blown revolution, but adding a hint of tartan to an outfit or throwing on a leather jacket on the odd occasion wouldn't go a-miss. For inspiration, look towards Viv, Doc Martins, 70's Rock bands. But maybe steer clear of the Bay City Rollers on iTunes... 


No comments:

Post a Comment